Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I live, to serve

I remembered reading somewhere in a book that serving will nourish your soul, being cruel destroys it. Serving also brings out the kindness in you and teaches you to be humble.

while I was working on my goals and priorities list this morning, I created a to-do list, which was quite long, and at the last line, it reads ;

"I want to serve! find some time twice a week to serve at an oldfolks home"

While walking to the cafeteria, there was a donation booth for the Johor flood victims,
they also needed volunteers to help out over there,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"This is your chance to serve!"

I thought to myself...

It's a day trip, next saturday(10th February), come back around evening or night on the same day. I'll be going alone.

I want to, but worry of stuff like mosquito breeding there and stuff, I'm going to ask my dad at dinner later. I hope he lets me.

"Challenges are what make life interesting,
overcoming them is what makes life meaningful"

-Joshua J. Marine

4 comments:

izso said...

Good for you man. But go with someone you know, otherwise it'll be chaotic there.

Jian said...

hey thats good! have fun ! i mean, i'm not saying its fun but i guess you would get a sense of satisfaction at the end of the day! so yeah! GO KEN!

Li San said...

why no more updates? =(

izso said...

Your ardent fans demand an update!