Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ego has kicked in

When you start thinking highly of yourself, when you start looking down on others, so will they.

When you stop caring for others, so will they.

When you start being selfish, they will turn away.

When you think that all the attention is on you, when it is actually not, ego has kicked in.

Ego has kicked in when you stop being considerate; stop being caring; stop respecting; stop understanding and stop listening.

When you are not there for others, they won't be there for you.

I've realised that, ego is not the same as arrogance. Arrogance is speaking out loud, saying without thinking, showing off. I'm a show off...
when I do something, I always think if someone was going to watch me do this, listen to me say this. I'm an attention seeker.

Like now, when you start typing with the mindset that someone is going to read this. The post will be unnatural...and fake... and dishonest(I try not to be).
I've always respected people who have always retained their humility when they are successful.
i want to be down to earth... I don't want to show off.
When I drive I will do this and that, hoping other drivers will see how "good" I am. Egoistical mindset.

When you think many people like you, ego has kicked in. When you stop liking people because you expect them to like you, you are egoistic.

I am now egoistic.
I have stopped liking others.
I have stopped caring for others.
I have stopped putting myself in others' shoes.
I need to change back, again... Now I'm back to square ONE.

humility, humility, humility

5 comments:

izso said...

You could make a poem out of it or something XD

naz said...

Like that, everyone's egoistical. There's noone in this world who doesn't look out for numbah ONE. Especially Izso hehehe

izso said...

You got dat rite dood!

Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

izso you're always looking out for number 1?...haha I guess I don't know you that well, hehehe

izso said...

Dude - I do look out for number 1, but I'm not fanatical about it. Hehehe