Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Prayer of Compassion

May I become at all times, both now and forever,

A protector for those without protection,

A guide for those who have lost their way,

A ship for those with oceans to cross,

A bridge for those with rivers to cross,

A sanctuary for those in danger,

A lamp for those without light,

A place of refuge for those who lack shelter,

And a servant for all in need.


- His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Ancient Wisdom, Modern World

I recite this when I start to think highly of myself or when ego kicks in, helps so far.

3 comments:

- em - said...

hey kenneth!

u've been tagged...check out what about on my blog. whenever u'r free of course :)

good luck with the exams!

naz said...

I would also like to recite this when I start to think highly of myself or when ego kicks in, but it's too long to remember. First line enough la

Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

em,
wow I got tagged for the first time, I didn't know what it was, I had to google it. hehe, I will do it when I'm free....one month from now probably, haha sorry.

naz,
hmmm, I think a person like you never has ego kicking in? :)
I like the last line, "And a servant for all in need."