Friday, January 11, 2008

...

Randomly, I googled Leonardo da Vinci quotes.

here are a few that I like

Life well spent is long.
Leonardo da Vinci

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
Leonardo da Vinci

Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation... even so does inaction sap the vigour of the mind.
Leonardo da Vinci

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Flyboys, a movie about pilots in world war one. I like how they start showing them through training, and the main protagonists meets a girl, in the middle of war. Showing genuine love for her. The main protagonist, with the character name Rawling lost his parents, and have nobody. And then he meets her, which I believe is wonderful and gives his life a whole new meaning.

A quote from the movie,

"We've got to find our own meaning in this world"

I constantly asked myself about my purpose in life, at one point I thought I found it. I thought that, that person is my purpose, but I guess I'm too weak and lazy to hold on to it.

Anyway I have asked others about my own purpose, but now realize it is not correct. each one of us have our own purpose, our purpose in life is not something general which applies to everybody. Each person has his/her own unique purpose...

.. and I'm still finding mine.

6 comments:

izso said...

Purpose in life eh?

We get born
We eat
We cry
We live
We die.

It's as simple as that. It's how you make use of the time between each event that counts. I don't have a purpose in life. I look for a purpose everyday.

Todays purpose will be to blast that cursed service center to fix my damn car properly.

Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

hahaha, I've never seen it at that way before, cool

izso said...

Yeah. Readjust your goals everyday to suite your mood / needs.

Heh.

DonovanChanJianWen said...

Hehehe Izso i right you know. Don't worry about it too much. I mean, when we get out to the working world, that is when we have to start worrying our butts off!
For now just study hard and have fun.

Oh man, you guys talk about masturbation and stuff after mamak? (relating to the old post) crap!!!

PS: I think you were super funny that day, with all your jokes and your sic humour! (:

yapster said...

I know this may sound very "ya right..zzzz.." but all i can say is that God knows you by name and He knows your specific purpose...

Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

jian,
thanks i realised only that day I was funny....maybe coz hyer or something with so many s8-ian around.

yap,
yes and god wouldn't give you a challenge that you cannot handle :)