Friday, July 18, 2008

Drawing the line between...

1) Optimism and Arrogance

2) Humility and Pessimism

I came up with this diagram, and I call the balance the attitude equilibrium. This just includes 4 attitudes. right now I'm still finding the green spot, the middle spot, finding the balance.

Photobucket

I want to be as humble as can be but sometimes find myself to be too pessimistic as I keep putting myself down. So I have to have some positivity/optimism, but at the same time cannot be too optimistic as I think this will lead me to become arrogant.

So now, I'm trying to find the 'attitude equilibrium'.

5 comments:

izso said...

I don't see how optimism can turn into arrogance.

It's like saying "You can do it" will turn into "Aiya easy la". Not the same man.

I don't proclaim to be the eternal optimist (I have my pessimistic moments) but it's easy to assume 'you can' and get things done, rather than 'you can't' and leave things unfinished.

Dr. Tan said...

Yes dude, you can achieve threshold braking!

go go go!

p/s: Do already give me free detailing k?

Kenneth Tang a.k.a Fishbonezken said...

izso,
that's what I mean actually, from "I can do it" to, "aiyah easy lah". or maybe that's an extreme case...

hmmm or optimism and arrogance are two sides of a different coin.

hehe I have the opposite of your optimistic attitude

dr. tan,
hey watched Batman already? the Joker said, if you're good at something, don't do it for free. :P *arrogance?*

footiam said...

Just let it come naturally!

izso said...

"If you're good at something, don't do it for free"

That's pretty good if you ask me. It's knowing ones own self. Better to be confident than to be arrogant.