Thursday, February 20, 2014

Diagnosed with depression

So I recently visited a psychologist for the first time. After an hour of talking, she said I was quite depressed.

I often asked others, were you ever depressed? A girl once replied me, the word 'depression' tends to be overused, maybe you are just feeling sad. I guess that is not my case.

I feel numb, unmotivated, guilty, worthless and occasionally suicidal. Although I have not taken any action on suiciding, the thought does linger in my mind every now and then. I have lost the will to fight. I have lost the ability to love and feel loved. Nothing seems to make me feel happy.

I find this statement very agreeable. "You are afraid of waking up and facing the day each morning and secretly hoping when you go to sleep that night that you may not open your eyes the next day."

No comments: